Citybus | Leyland Olympian
Leyland Olympians of Citybus can be classified under the following variants:
- A number of second-hand ECW or ROE bodied Leyland Olympians (7, 12, 14-19) were purchased mainly for non-franchised bus services. Most of them were later converted to be open-top buses.
- 102-105 are 12-metre ECW bodied Leyland Olympians, which were purchased during 1985-87 for the China - Hong Kong cross-border bus operations. Their air-condition units were powered by independent engines and have been proven not reliable. Only 105 still survives after substantial mechanic modifications.
- 106-204 are 11-metre Alexander bodied Leyland Olympians. They were purchased after the successful trial of the first air-conditioned Leyland Olympian for Kowloon Motor Bus.
- 205 is the prototype of the 10.4-metre Leyland Olympians. Further 33 buses (206-238) of this length were purchased in 1993 for the new franchised routes previously operated by China Motor Bus.
- 330-340 are 12-metre single-door coaches new to Citybus. Some other buses of the same kind between 301-312 were purchased from CLP Power.
- 341-395 are 12-metre dual-door buses. Together with 206-238 mentioned above, they were also purchased in 1993 for the new franchised routes.
Please click on the relevant links for the pages above for photographs of Leyland Olympians in the Citybus fleet.
Back to Citybus
Number of Visitors
Counted since June 20, 1996.
An HKBEC Sub-page.